Monday, December 17, 2012

4 States In 1 Day

600 miles after leaving my mom's house, we arrived in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Traffic here stinks. It seems this I-10 is the Autobahn of Louisiana. That combined with strong winds and heavy rain made for a scary drive. Along the way we made a few stops.... In Alabama we stopped to buy official Univ of Alabama gear....Roll Tide! Also in Alabama we went thru the George Wallace tunnel that took us under the Mobile River.
In Mississippi we stopped at a rest area where I thought all the toilets were dirty. Seems that the toilets were clean. It's that the water is yellow. We declined the free coffee made from that water.
In Louisiana we fought traffic to make it here and we're intentially leaving later this morning to avoid the rush hour. (If Sunday afternoon traffic was that bad, I don't want to see the rush. lol)
We're heading to Texas. Maybe I can talk Scott into getting a 10 gallon hat. hehe

0 comments:

Post a Comment