Friday, December 21, 2012

If You're Going To San Francisco...

Oops... I forgot to wear flowers in my hair. San Francisco was a welcome sight after traveling thru Los Angeles yesterday. We spent the night in Stevenson Ranch and left there at 5AM to avoid rush hour traffic. The drive was fairly uneventful until we got to the Oakland Bay Bridge with hundreds of other travelers.
Then the AAA trip planner failed to get us to the hotel, so we had to rely on the Garmin which seemed to forget we were traveling in a stick and wanted to avoid hills. I actually cried as I rolled backwards on a hill at a traffic light and then the tires skid on the wet road. We did eventually made it to our hotel, which is fairly nice to be an old motorlodge with free parking. I can even see the Coit Tower from our room.
Now we're off to Chinatown for some lunch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment